Master of computer applications (MCA) is one of the most sought after courses in India. It is an extremely balanced course with a lot of emphasis on planning, designing & developing of complex commercial application software & system software. In this course equal importance is given to functional knowledge in various areas as well that are much needed in today’s IT world.
The 6th Semester is dedicated to the project work, to be done in the industry. A three year full time MCA course is not just a postgraduate course, but also a complete professional grooming of the student for a successful career in the IT Industry.
- Develop software solutions to problems across a broad range of application domains through analysis and design.
- Contribute to research in their chosen field and function and communicate effectively, to perform both individually and in a multi-disciplinary team
- Continue the process of life-long learning through professional activities; adapt themselves with ease to new technologies, while exhibiting ethical and professional standards and will be able to work collaboratively as a member or leader in multidisciplinary teams
- MCA Graduates will be able to apply knowledge of computing fundamentals, computing specialization and domain knowledge for the abstraction and conceptualization of computing models from defined problems and requirements
- They will have the ability to understand and analyze a given real-world problem and propose feasible computing solutions
- MCA Graduates will be able to analyze customer requirements, create high level design, implement and document robust and reliable software systems
- They will be able to transform complex business scenarios and contemporary issues into problems, investigate, understand and propose integrated solutions using emerging technologies
- MCA Graduates will be able to use the techniques, skills and modern hardware and software tools necessary for innovative software solutions
- They will possess leadership and managerial skills with best professional ethical practices and social concern and will be able to communicate technical information effectively, both orally and in writing.
- ICT and skill based learning modules
- Experienced faculty
- Innovative teaching – learning pedagogy
- Regular interaction with industry experts
- Development of personality through curricular and extra-curricular activities
- Training and Placement Cell
- Centrally located with secure environment
To ensure effective learning, the Institute implements latest technologies to make teaching-learning process more experiential and participative.
Additionally, interaction with industry experts, live projects, innovation workshops, participation in Conclaves and learning through co-curricular activities gives a feel of the real world which encourages active learning for better a foundation. The pedagogy ensures that analytical skills are developed through concepts and practice, which help the students hone their decision making skills.
MCA Course Structures and Syllabus (W.E.F. June 2017)