Teaching Learning Process
Effective teaching-learning process is a prerequisite for academic success and nevertheless,
in today’s competitive environment, leaders need outstanding management skills to create
At IMR, we drive change, we follows student centered, outcome-based education to develop
the modern management knowledge, leadership skills and ethical learning for our students.
Each student in IMR is motivated to take the ownership of his or her learning supported by
highly qualified faculty.
Institute focuses on enhancing and bringing out the latent potential of the students through experiential. learning, participative learning and problem solving methodologies. The Institute focuses on educating. students through hands-on experience. Skills, knowledge, and experience are acquired outside of the. traditional academic classroom setting which include internships, field trips etc. Through participative. learning, the focus is on ‘with’ rather than 'for' students. Curriculum based problem-solving by the. students is encouraged with the required inputs and guidance offered by the faculty members. The teachers act as the facilitators and thereby provide interactive, independent and collaborative learning to the students.
In order to make learning more student-centric the Institute adopts the following strategies:
- Experts from Industries are invited to impart practical and experiential knowledge to the students.
- Modern teaching techniques including ICT based ones such as presentations; role playing,
- simulations, business plans, panel discussion and software exhibition are practiced.
- Local field and Industrial visits are arranged for the students.
- Classroom teaching is predominantly interactive in nature where students are encouraged to ask questions.
- Students are encouraged to conduct surveys to increase their practical knowledge.
- In order to develop their creativity the Institute has formed readers’ club and writers’ club.
- To develop the writing skills the Institute publishes its annual magazine ‘Vyavasthapan’.
- Regular sessions are combined with workshops, group discussions, debates and quiz competitions.
- Brainstorming sessions for the students are conducted which provide a platform for the students to express their original and creative thoughts.
- Students are given theoretical and practical assignments on recent trends in various fields.
- Students are encouraged to conduct socio-economic surveys to appreciate the social and economic
- structure of the society which helps to develop a sense of responsibility toward the society
inculcating ethical and professional values.
- Students are encouraged to participate in management games and take up case studies so as to
increase their team building and problem solving analytical skills.