Master of computer applications (MCA) is one of the most sought after courses in India. It is an extremely balanced course with a lot of emphasis on planning, designing & developing of complex commercial application software & system software. In this course equal importance is given to functional knowledge in various areas as well that are much needed in today’s IT world.
The 4th Semester is dedicated to the project work, to be done in the industry. A two year full time MCA course is not just a postgraduate course, but also a complete professional grooming of the student for a successful career in the IT Industry.
Master of Computer Application (MCA)
To become a preferred Institute in the field of computer science and technology,
imparting relevant skills and knowledge to the students to meet emerging global
- To impart up-to-date technical knowledge.
- To develop students into successful professionals with analytical, logical and
computational skills to provide sustainable solutions.
- To expose students to the current trends and opportunities in local as well as
global IT Industry.
- To inculcate professional responsibility with an inherent ethical value
- To cultivate innovative thinking and research culture among students.
- PO1. Computational Knowledge: Understand and apply mathematical
foundation, computing and domain knowledge for the conceptualization of
computing models from defined problems.
- PO2. Problem Analysis: Ability to identify, critically analyze and formulate
complex computing problems using fundamentals of computer science and
- PO3. Design / Development of Solutions: Ability to transform complex business
scenarios and contemporary issues into problems, investigate, understand and
propose integrated solutions using emerging technologies
- PO4. Conduct Investigations of Complex Computing Problems: Ability to
devise and conduct experiments, interpret data and provide well informed
- PO5. Modern Tool Usage: Ability to select modern computing tools, skills and
techniques necessary for innovative software solutions
- PO6. Professional Ethics: Ability to apply and commit professional ethics and
cyber regulations in a global economic environment.
- PO7. Life-long Learning: Recognize the need for and develop the ability to
engage in continuous learning as a Computing professional.
- PO8. Project Management and Finance: Ability to understand, management and
computing principles with computing knowledge to manage projects in
- PO9. Communication Efficacy: Communicate effectively with the computing
community as well as society by being able to comprehend effective
documentations and presentations.
- PO10. Societal & Environmental Concern: Ability to recognize economic,
environmental, social, health, legal, ethical issues involved in the use of computer
technology and other consequential responsibilities relevant to professional
- PO11. Individual & Team Work: Ability to work as a member or leader in
diverse teams in multidisciplinary environment.
- PO12. Innovation and Entrepreneurship: Identify opportunities,
entrepreneurship vision and use of innovative ideas to create value and wealth for
the betterment of the individual and society.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO’s) are established through a consultation
process. PEO’s are broad statements that describes the career and professional
accomplishments, the student shall achieve in 2-3 years after their graduation.
Use Modern tools and technologies for software development.
Design and Development
Develop software solutions to problems across a broad range of application domains through analysis and design
Contribute to research of their chosen field and function and communicate effectively, to perform both individually and in a multi-disciplinary team.
Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Continue the process of life-long learning through professional activities; adapt themselves with ease to new technologies, while exhibiting high ethical and professional standards.
- Develop software solutions to problems across a broad range of application domains through analysis and design.
- Contribute to research in their chosen field and function and communicate effectively, to perform both individually and in a multi-disciplinary team
- Continue the process of life-long learning through professional activities; adapt themselves with ease to new technologies, while exhibiting ethical and professional standards and will be able to work collaboratively as a member or leader in multidisciplinary teams
- MCA Graduates will be able to apply knowledge of computing fundamentals, computing specialization and domain knowledge for the abstraction and conceptualization of computing models from defined problems and requirements
- They will have the ability to understand and analyze a given real-world problem and propose feasible computing solutions
- MCA Graduates will be able to analyze customer requirements, create high level design, implement and document robust and reliable software systems
- They will be able to transform complex business scenarios and contemporary issues into problems, investigate, understand and propose integrated solutions using emerging technologies
- MCA Graduates will be able to use the techniques, skills and modern hardware and software tools necessary for innovative software solutions
- They will possess leadership and managerial skills with best professional ethical practices and social concern and will be able to communicate technical information effectively, both orally and in writing.
- ICT and skill based learning modules
- Experienced faculty
- Innovative teaching – learning pedagogy
- Regular interaction with industry experts
- Development of personality through curricular and extra-curricular activities
- Training and Placement Cell
- Centrally located with secure environment
To ensure effective learning, the Institute implements latest technologies to make teaching-learning process more experiential and participative.
Additionally, interaction with industry experts, live projects, innovation workshops, participation in Conclaves and learning through co-curricular activities gives a feel of the real world which encourages active learning for better a foundation. The pedagogy ensures that analytical skills are developed through concepts and practice, which help the students hone their decision making skills.
MCA Course Structures and Syllabus (W.E.F. June 2017)